Friday 2 September 2011

Home Alone Pasta

The Man was out playing pool on Friday night, and so a simple quick pasta meal was on the menu for me. I try to always keep salami or chorizo in the fridge for this reason - it keeps for ages and can always be used to whip up a really tasty meal. I fried up some onion and garlic with the chopped chorizo, this was done in chili oil with some extra chili flakes (I really like spicy pasta) - after about 10 minutes I threw in some chopped broccoli (uncooked) this was then stirred thru spiral pasta that had been coked as per instructions. This pasta could not be simpler but gives such as strong flavor as the chorizo releases its own tasty oil. Perfect for Friday night on my own!! I also love this recipe as I boil the pasta, strain and keep it aside while quickly preparing the ingredients in the same pot = not as much washing up



Tonight we are cooking up (or heating up) a Buffalo steak and ale pie from Loverstoke Park Farm – with homemade chips, cabbage, broccoli, peas served with a mushroom gravy (photos will follow)



No comments:

Post a Comment