Tuesday 20 September 2011

Sunday Roast Lamb Cutlets

I purchase a rack of lamb from the local butcher, at £12 I know it was an extravagance but we hadn’t been out all weekend. The man made dinner, I know he has been doing all the cooking lately (v.spoilt) he seared the side with the fat on it in the griddle pan and popped it in the oven for 30 minutes. He par boiled the potatoes before hand and put these in the over about 15 minutes prior to the lamb going in. I have decided that the smell of cooking lamb is without a doubt my favourite smell of a Sunday roast. He boiled beans and cabbage and made his special mushroom, garlic and tomatoes sauce to accompany.
The lamb cutlets were amazing – juicy, tasty and well worth the money! And I am definitely on the road to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment