Sunday 18 September 2011

Steak with mushroom Sauce and homemade fries

I purchase the Tesco Finest Fillet Steaks, they are not cheap but are well worth it. Restaurant quality and simply incredibly tender and easy to cook. The Man was in charge last night and so chopped up peeled potatoes and after coating them with oil popped them in the oven. He made an incredible mushroom sauce by sautéing some onion and garlic then with some white wine, lime juice and Philadelphia and added chopped mushrooms. He served this with boiled green beans and steaks pan fried on the griddle pan. The mushroom sauce was my favourite part. The steaks were beautifully cooked and we had room for the ice-cream we couldn’t manage to fit in last night.
Tonight is my turn and I am going to venture to try a rack of lamb with green beans, cabbage and potatoes (haven’t decided between baked or Dauphinoise)

There is a steak under there I promise

No comments:

Post a Comment