Thursday 8 September 2011

Spaghetti Bolognaise Sauce with Spinach and Cabbage

If you have a look at what was one the menu last week you could understand my desire to give carbs a miss for a night. So my spaghetti bolognaise was served with raw spinach mixed with some steamed cabbage.
I went to the local butchers for the mince and bacon – mince is cheaper than the supermarket but the bacon wasn’t- however, we do find it is a muich fresher and smoother taste. The Man cooked on Monday night – chopped onion & garlic followed by the mince – then the tinned tomatoes and mug of beef stock, salt and pepper and left to bubble away – he did forget to put the mushrooms oh well.
The finished result with the spinach and cabbage was lovely, tasty, filling and incredibly satisfying.

Next week I am thinking of making a spaghetti bolognaise salad !

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting that you put the sauce on veggies instead of pasta! I look forward to next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a red sauce on just veggies before, I don't think...but a wonderful way to cut carbs and gluten, for sure! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete