Thursday 18 August 2011

Back To Soup – Spicy Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato

Although this blog is all about food, I am trying to lose weight. Not much -just a little before we have a trip to Australia in 5 weeks !!
So I try to be good during the week when I am at work and do try to have a healthy dinner. The work lunches normally have a theme. I have tried Dukan lunches (got over those quickly and still can’t look at eggs) salad and now soups. Todays Covent Garden Butternut Squash is really nice. I love that they have a themed soup for each month, people can enter to have their soup recipe made and distributed in UK supermarkets. Seriously how cool would that be – they are currently looking for Januarys flavor, the theme is Chinese New Year.
I didn’t fancy this month’s very much – lettuce, cucumber, celery, peas, crème fraiche and mint. I am sure it is very nice I just wasn’t feeling that adventurous today.


No comments:

Post a Comment