Sunday 7 August 2011

Who Knew Selfridges Manchester Lunch Would Be As Good As Shopping

Moët Bar and Gallery Restaurant - Selfridges
After aimlessly wondering around the stores of Manchester - looking at the beautiful dresses, trying on some far too expensive shoes we decided to head to lunch. We decided on something light as we were going out for dinner later in the evening.
I have never eaten at Selfridges before and normally shy away from department store restaurants as they seem to be a little on the drab side. Selfridges was a nice surprise the food was incredibly tasteful.
I had the Chicken liver Salad and it was simply incredibly. The chicken was done in a lemon marinate and just so wonderfully tender. It was exactly what I wanted full of flavor but light so I could still look forward to my dinner. There was no guilt for this lunch as was Dukan friendly – chicken and Salad = allowed. The accompanying glass of champagne – not so much but we were in the Moet bar - it would be rude not to.

The man had the Mushroom Risotto and now I love risotto and I cook it often for him - so I was surprised he ordered it. I would love to know the ingredients for what was in this as it was like tasting some sort of magic.
The view over the city was really nice and the waiters were kind, attentive and in good spirits.
After such a nice lunch I am thinking I should try the London Restaurant with some friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment