Friday 26 August 2011

How much do you spend at the supermarket?

Each month on pay day I try to work out how much I have spent on each category – food, eating out, drinking out, taxis etc.
On average I am happy with £250 a month on food, I think this is reasonable – is it? But this month after reconciling the statement I had spent £340 – ah a little bit over the budget. So for the following 4 weeks it shall be an economic gastomic journey – I will be looking for the bargains, the deals, seeing what is cheap/inexpensive but still taste good. I will give a weekly total. Tonight we plan to give the pub a miss and stay in and cook homemade pizzas with salad!

Tomorrow we are off to Devon for the long weekend – very excited. Sunday I am hoping to go to a cavalry for a roast and we will be back on Monday and the plan is to do a slow cooked spaghetti bolognaise (photos will follow)

No comments:

Post a Comment