Sunday 21 August 2011

Browns Restaurant Islington London

3 friends and I wanted to explorer a different part of London yesterday, one of the girls is thinking of moving to Islington. When I arrived up north it was pouring down with rain, the weather forecast had been for Saturday to be a heat wave, this most definitely was not the case. I was lucky in that one of the girls came to my rescue in the form of a black cab to collect me outside the station and off to Browns restaurant. I can’t remember the last time I spent a Saturday with the girls over a few glasses of white wine. One of my friends was starving and so immediately ordered the baked camembert, bread and olives (no diets allowed with these friends – the best kind) the cheese was lovely and soft, warm and the baked baguette bread was perfect. The olives were fresh and had a bail glaze all over them. For main I chose the King Prawn and & Chorizo, butterflies prawns tossed with chorizo and linguine in a mildly spiced tomato, red pepper and garlic butter – it was nice but to be honest could have used a bit more flavor, perhaps some chili. The wine was brilliant I didn’t order so I am not sure which one we had but it was perfect and served perfectly cold. We had two bottles over lunch and a great catch up. The bill came to £32 each including service, reasonable really. The service was a bit slow and unattentive but the afternoon was not rushed. I would go back but I wouldn’t put it up there with a recommendation to go to or race back for another meal.





So now the attention gets turned to the Sunday roast – am thinking roast chicken for this evening so it will be off gathering I go, will be back later and photos will follow

No comments:

Post a Comment