Sunday 7 August 2011

Sam's Chop House Manchester - When can I go back?

I loved loved loved this place - Sams Chop House. If anybody goes to Manchester the have to make sure this is a must go to place. How wonderfully refreshing and such a great find. It looks like a pub, well it is a pub, you walk in and the bad is rammed packed. The little restaurant section at the back is cozy and comfortable. The manager and waitress are and were amazing - so friendly, so funny, so familiar - they simply made you feel like you had to be having a great time. Well they are !!
If you go to Sam please just follow this order without question -
Sam’s Famous Crispy Corned Beef Hash Cake £6.99 it is what they are famous for and it does not disappoint.
For main I had the roast beef £13.99 - it was lovely but next time I will be having what the man had Home-made Steak & Kidney Pudding £12.99.
My roast had the most enormous Yorkshire pudding I have ever seen, a little gravy boat all to me. Crispy roast potatoes, tender roast beef (red in the middle just like we like it) carrots that had been marinade in I think a honey glaze. So the envy only settled in when I tried the man’s steak and kidney pie - the meat must have been slow cooked for months !!!
We finished this off with a fantastic cheese board at the end.
The wine of the evening was an amazing bottle of white. I must remember to get the name of it next time as it was grand. The wine glasses were a treat - big and solid. I have decided we need new ones like these.
His was served with thick chips and mushy peas - he thinks it’s his perfect meal and if had to order a final dinner this could possibly be it.
Please anybody going to Manchester please make sure you experience this place I could not recommend it higher. I came to about $50 each – for a Saturday night and an amazing meal I think good value for money. The man loved it and it put a huge smile on his face - we have decided we are definitely good old pub favorites people.

No comments:

Post a Comment